Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Heirlooms of tomorrow




Seems like June is not the only month for brides any more!

I have been sewing tons of wedding pillows all summer. This was one of my more ambitious projects. Ok, so I did this project more than a little while back but I was waving my hands around in the store the other day, trying to describe how I used just about every square inch of a wedding dress to make custom pillows for a client and, you know the old saw about a picture being worth a thousand words, decided to post the photos for you to enjoy.

My client's dress was elegant, but it was TIny by today's standards. And she had more than one daughter! Thus the project was born. I will tell you I always take a deep breath when I cut into something like this but it always turns out beautifully. My favorite three pillows are the buttons from the back of the bodice, the lace ruffle from the train of the dress and the little round pillow in the front with the crescent of lace on it was the neckline!


I was feeling pretty clever when I figured that one out!

4th of July brought along holiday weekend basically doing a traveling bbq event through my neighborhood, I fel like all I did was eat, drink and chat with friends all weekend (what a great time!). I am REALLY scared to step on a scale, given the amount of potato salad and chips I consumed!


I spent today at the shop doing paperwork and moving art around while my kids hung out and read their library books. They behaved like perfect angels, wonder what they want?

No comments: