Monday, October 27, 2008

What does "productive" mean to you?

I could have taken a photo of my clear kitchen counters, swept floor and tidy pile of laundry. Or perhaps my drycleaning ticket, or receipts from the art supply store (but I don't show those to anyone except the bookkeeper) but instead I will show you the stages 1, 2 & 3 of the 2 pieces I am working to submit to the art league next week. And yes, before you ask, I do work better with a deadline! I am feeling a little super woman-ish because it looks like I actually accomplished something today! Of course I didn't finish anything. The kitchen isn't actually clean and the laundry is in a giant pile in my bedroom! But hey, little victories....
These pieces are bigger than anything I have worked on before, the canvases are 2 feet by 3 feet. They feel like they are coming along. I am thinking through how to use my linen and hand embroidery on the faces without it becoming "sullied" by the collage glue. I THINK I have it figured out! Stay tuned!

PS Helene I will be done with your custom piece tomorrow, Susan yours is FINALLY ready and BJ, still have more to do. Will have a finish day soon.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: