Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Just in time creativity....

When I checked in with Debby on Monday she reminded me that Beth was headed into Old Town Alexandria to submit "our" art to this month's show the Art League is sponsoring at the Torpedo Factory Art Center. That would have been great had I actually completed my two pieces. They both needed an extra coat of embellishment and paint before they would look like what I had in my head. This wouldn't be a huge deal except for the fact that I was in Delaware at the time! Oops. When we got home last night I stayed up, watched the Redskins get annihilated by the Steelers and finished my pieces except for the wiring & labeling.


So when I woke up this morning I tagged my pieces, drove to the shop to get my wiring supplies, went to the dentist for a check-up (look ma, no cavities!), wired the paintings in the back of the Ford (!), drove to Alexandria - sweating because it was starting to rain and I didn't bring any bags for the paintings, registered my pieces for jurying, drove to my son's elementary school for his Parent Teacher conference and then swung by my local polling place where I was greeted my name and voted with no line, returned business calls on the side of the road on my cell phone so my kids couldn't interrupt me at home, picked up four pillow orders. And then I drove home and contemplated what I was taking to Beth's for the post election party. I can't wait to go over there and just sit down. But I did find out before I left that my new girls here did NOT get it this month. Well, it's painful news but at least it's quick.

Debby got one of her watercolors in though - Yay Debby!!!




Posted by Picasa

No comments: