Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Quite the Event!

October's FIRSTfriday was perennial favorite Ann Carney's initiation into the chaos that is FIRSTfriday of Falls Church. Of course it was spiced up by the second annual it's "almost Halloween so we have to do something" wearing of the hats. We let Ann get away with an elegant felt & satin number while Betsy (my favorite treasure hunter) and I went a little more untraditional route... Thank you to everybody who came out to meet Ann. I think she felt a bit like a rock star with her Falls Church fans coming in just to see her!

Speaking both of jewelry AND Halloween, Joan Fedora brought in absolutely hysterical seasonal jewelry. She even made me a pair of blue faced witch earrings!

Thank you also for those that have been wondering where the heck I have been because of the lack of blog entries over the last two weeks. I have been suffering from complications from a long ago neck injury. The short version of the story is if I hold my arms a certain way they go numb. What way is that? The position where one would be driving, sewing, writing, typing...

I tried to cut back where I could but it seemed like everything just suffered and a whole lot just didn't get done. Sounds like a clue that I am supposed to be taking better care of myself. Can you relate?

So step one, slow down and watch the ergonomics, two, I guess it is back to therapy and three it's time to return to yoga. The tragedy is all of my repetitive motion issues are completely related to my creative process. Why couldn't cleaning house cause me pain? I'd be happy to outsource that one!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: