Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Playing with TAP

Mixed media maven and art Coach Lesley Riley http://www.artistsuccess.com lends her name to a fun new product called "TAP" artist transfer paper.  Recently took a one day seminar on all of the different ways one could use the product.  It;s very versatile and transfer equally well from soft surfaces (like the fabric postcard above)  to the copper bird below (although I must admit, this is NOT the best example, I got distracted and got the metal and the transfer a little crispy!).

My art challenge of the week was to take the samples I made in class and utilize them in art work.  These three are my favorite images from Lesley's collections.  The balance of the samples will probably end up as layers as I am not loving them enough to make them features of a piece as I did below with the "best girl" on the slop rag paper towel.  I think I actually like her best!

We had a FANTASTIC FIRSTfriday last weekend and kicked off our 1stSaturday Market as well.  Beautiful weather and lots of fun.  I will post photos from Wendy Wehmeyer's colossal Rough & Tumble Vintage Collection later today.  Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Lori said...

Its amazing one product can work on so many different surfaces. Beautiful Pieces. I especially like the bird! Gorgeous work "T".