Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Talk about a motley crew!

Well, other than Super Tuesday, other than the one year anniversary of Bob's illness, yesterday was also Mardi Gras, Fat Tuesday, the day when we break out the good china and the good wine and serve cajun food and make a few select friends take goofy pictures before we feed them! Luckily our friends are patient. These folks were on the guest list from LAST year but we had to postpone until Bob was home. Happily Bob is home, the jambalaya never tasted as good and we are ready to move to the next step in his recuperation: a complete hip replacement. A scary concept but a necessary one if Bob is to walk with out pain. And booooyyy are we looking forward to that. It is hard to see someone you care about suffering and not being able to do much about it.

I was not shocked by Bob's emotions during this anniversary time. But I will say I was shocked by mine. Stress and waves of trauma washed over me as I sat on the couch Friday night thinking of how that was pretty much what I did for a month was move from hospital to couch to bed to chores to hospital... I still am grateful for all of the love, prayers and support we received and still receive. Thanks be to all. And pass the hot sauce.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: