Sunday, March 16, 2008

The Luck of the Irish!

This entry was originally going to be titled "Beware the Ides of March". Friday one of my artists walked in and said " Are you aware that the stone is missing from your engagement ring?" After saying words that I won't repeat in front of my very elegant colleague, I reminded myself that that insurance exists for a reason and then girded myself for the inch by inch search of the shop that would need to ensue the next day. Imagine my delight when about noon time I got a call on the shop phone- "Stifel & Capra , this is Theresa speaking." "hello Mommy , this is your son". "Hello Son this is your mommy; what's new in your world?" "Well, Mommy I just found your diamond!" He was so proud I thought he was going to pop on the phone. And I was so relieved I thought I would cry. I had told my father the night before that however unrelentingly unromantic it sounded that I was sorry I didn't watch my ring fly down the gutter because I was so utterly exhausted that I couldn't bear the idea that I would have to take the energy and momentum to search the store inch by inch. (Because of course I was SURe it was at the store.) Imagine how impressed I was with my powers of observation that I had been at work for 5 hours with out noticing my solitaire was missing! So Apologies to Ira for my profanity and apologies to the people I have not called from Friday because I was too busy wallowing in my own sorrow!
On a lighter note, the rest of Saturday was grand, no rain, lots of new people popped into the shop. "How long have you been open? Since JULY? How come I have never noticed you before?" We are trying really hard NOT to be the best kept secret in Falls Church so the news is spreading. Slowly. But word of mouth is the best! ItT makes me very happy when people come in because a friend said that they just HAD to drop by....

I am heading to the shore with the kids to go treasure hunting. Will report back on Wednesday! Ashleigh will be at Stifel and Capra on Monday and Tuesday from 10 to 2. We are starting the big countdown for my husband's big hip replacement surgery on the 25th. Pray for strength and patience for all of us! And a Happy Saint Patrick's day to you and yours!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.