Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Open the curtain!

Open the curtain! On the newly refurbished bath & dressing room at Stifel & Capra that is. Robyn McGarry of RSM Enterprises aka the Paint Diva has finished out funky dressing space. It made its public debut at June's FIRSTfriday. I LOVE IT and so did the rest of our guests that scoped it out. Robyn also has multiple sample boards on display in the upstairs hall showing just three of her many faux painting techniques. A portfolio is on the way. (Hopefully she will get hers done before mine, will I ever get to it?)

I had a productive day yesterday making two pillows out of vintage linen, finishing a collage, dragging seasonal items to the store and packing up a MOUNTAIN of clothes that my family has outgrown to donate to charity. My neighbor Julie just hosted a kid's clothing swap but as my 13 & almost 10 year old are already taller than the moms I think that we have "aged out" of that activity!

This morning consisted up being alternately impressed and terrified by the the thunder storm we had a dawn. It was amazing. Sound like the Broadway musical "Stomp" out there it was so loud. You may recall, last year at this time we lost three huge threes in our backyard so I am a little paranoid. AM not looking forward to going to the shop to bail out the basement....

Mark your calendars to come to the books launch on Thursday night from 6 to 9pm. Support your local authors!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: