Thursday, October 8, 2009

the case of the two Nancys

Ever searched for your name on the Internet and realized that you are not he only person on the planet with your name? Such was the case when Nancy Carter first approached me about representing her at Stifel & Capra. We had a nice chat, then I went to what I thought was her web site and was confused because she lived in a far away state and I only have local folks in the shop. Why was I thinking this was an option? Well, to make a long story short, turns out that there are at least TWO artistic Nancy Carters in the country. They are both talented but "my" Nancy paints scened of where-I-will-be-if-I-hit-the-lottery. You guessed it, the beach! Nancy works in pastel and this pic does NOT do her works justice, take a close look next time you are in.
We are on a roll in the kitschy mid century ceramic department these days! All kinds of fun things. I mean after all, who doesn't need lop-eared bunny salt & pepper shakers?
Posted by Picasa

No comments: