Wednesday, April 3, 2019

July 29, 1929 - Dear Albert,



I love to use vintage ephemera in my art. I scour thrift shops and flea markets mostly. I am also lucky enough to have friends that gift me with stacks of paper goodness. I use them for backgrounds and cut them up for texture like the hair highlights in this work in progress.

But sometimes things come across your table that you just can't take scissors to.  I was gifted a pile of old papers and in this piles are some amazing letters. Frustratingly there are single pages of some sassily provocative correspondence.
Read this!

I need to find page 2! And how about these pages?

Who are Dotti and Albert? How could someone let these go?
I have no letters or papers from my family.  Even though I doubt they could compare with Dottiotoski!


No comments: