Saturday, December 31, 2022

Thoughts on the New Year


Habitually I have used the week between Christmas and New Year's Day to contemplate my goals for the coming year.

Although I must confess this post covid exhaustion and dizziness is not helping me think deep thoughts this year. At all. 

So- here are thoughts from 2020. They all still ring true. 

I have found over the years that I am very successful at achieving certain kind of goals and abysmal at others. 
Upon contemplation I realize goals that require accountability in action as opposed to refraining from a habit work better for me.

If I am walking, I am not overeating.
If I am making art, I am not doom scrolling.
If I am asking questions, I am not assuming.
If I am intentional, I am never lost.

Here's to lifting up those that are in pain, those who grieve, those who are lonely, those who can't sleep, those who are fighting disease, those that need love.

Here's to light at the end of our collective tunnel.

Here's to leaving the dark behind as we head to the new.

Wishing you peace, justice, and prosperity in all forms. 

Happy New Year.

No comments: