Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Showered with Love

Felt like the "Before Times"! A real paper invitation in a real restaurant.
The only rub? It's eight states away and I really hate to drive.
But I really love my niece more!
 
So I concocted an grandiose plan to drive from coastal Virginia to Philadelphia, pick up my daughter and hightail it to Connecticut. Then my master plan included some museum hopping in Philly on the way back and then home.

And then the Eagles made the Superbowl and if you know how crazy Philadelphia is about their sports teams you might understand why I decided to take a wee bit of detour that Sunday.

So my lovely daughter took the train home and I got to take my son to lunch and visit friends in Northern Virginia before headed home to watch the Superbowl from my very own couch.
It was a trek but well worth it to see my beaming niece and make her cry with her shower gift.

Alena's Wedding registry had a springform pan on it. I seldom shop from the official list (I am just onery that way) but I couldn't resist because we have her Grandma Dotty's renowned cheesecake recipe card,  in  her own hand, with all the secrets revealed. Like "the batter tastes great and licking the spoon is ok if you aren't afraid of salmonella" (Dotty was a nurse) and How To Peek" lessons on doneness - "When the timer goes off check x,y, & z, you will think it is done. It is NOT.".
You can barely see the actual gift, But it is in there. 
Along with the love.


Do you have a favorite sentimental gift?
PS this post is day 1 of this year's attempt at the #100dayproject 
Apparently I don't do well at the public accountability this (the subject for another day) so am putting it out here, not worrying whether anyone notices. But if you are reading this, feel free to comment on content or ambition and cheer me on. 
tws

No comments: