Sunday, February 26, 2023

This week's pickin's

Was on the road waiting to go to a doctor's appointment and rewarded myself with a trip to a thrift shop. Found some goodies that will eventually make it to my antique booth or to the online shop.
A pair of beautiful midcentury figural lamps. Although looking at those plugs I would certainly recommend rewiring them before use. No chips on these - they are in lovely shape!

The squirrel is READY for some nut cracking! He is unmarked but comes with some seemingly original vintage tools. He has a couple of chips but still is quite serviceable!
Here's a classic! Midcentury vinyl ice bucket with a clear handle. 
Interior is pristine.
This almost antique cocktail pitcher is chromium plated with what looks like a bakelite handle,
The lid fits smoothly and the spout cap screws on smoothly and neatly.
Not often that you see industrial locations on a souvenir plate- especially a southern California one!
I love souvenir plates! I have threatened to hang all the ones I have to post to sell but I don't want to put 100 nails in the wall! Think command strips would sponsor me?

This post is Day 5 of #the100daychallenge of putting some words of 100 days in a row.
For some odd reason yesterday's post will not upload so I updated it before I wrote this.

I recognize I am not writing anything particularly scintillating yet but hoping to be a little more educational or profound as I go along and get into the groove.
Hope you had a peaceful Sunday.
Until tomorrow friends-

 

No comments: